Friday, March 4, 2011

Blogging has been at the bottom of my list of things to do for months. Priorities, that's all I can say. I am recommitting myself to a once a week or biweekly post. Just a quick update on our happenings.

My hubby picked up a kindergarten registration packet for our oldest Aubrey today! Can this really be true? She also had her kindergarten shots today too. 4 shots, a TB test, and a few screams later we were off to Target for a special toy. A two foot tall horse to be exact. My children crying is one of the things I DO NOT deal well with. The 20 minute crying spell stopped and the immobiled arms reached out towards the horse as soon as she laid eyes on it. I was not about to say no. This is a day she will probably always remember and I wanted it to have a happy ending for her. Afterall, I still remember my own kindergarten shot day.

We happened to be driving by what will soon be her elementary school on the way home just as school was released. We were talking about how fun it was going to be to walk and ride bikes to and from school when she starts. "I'm going to walk to school all by myself without you" is what she said to me. Well I've got news for you Miss Aubrey! Um, yes, I will be one of THOSE moms driving very slowly behind my kids as they make their way to school independantly. Even if it is only 2 blocks away!

No comments: