Monday, January 11, 2010

my crazy life...

In November we packed up the trailer and headed off to the desert for our Thanksgiving feast with lots of friends; some we knew and some we had just met. Once we were back home the chaos of unpacking and cleaning the trailer and the holiday rush were in full force. So once again, I never blogged about it.

Mid-December some lady hit my car and TOTALED it. With the exception of being banged up a bit, I was just fine. I was just grateful the kids were at home with their daddy and not with me! It was hard enough to just focus on me and what was going on. Can't imagine having to console the little ones too.

Thank goodness my Christmas shopping was done at that point. If you've ever had an experience like that you know what a pain it is to deal with the insurance companies. Actually, I'm just glad the lady had insurance! Jeff and I spent the next several weeks on the phone or meeting with adjusters on a regular basis. Actually, it's still not over yet.

Christmas came and went. I had these visions of new traditions I was going to implement for months prior. Actually the whole year prior; inspirations from all of you that you blogged about! I just could not get it together and they never came to be. Next year people, next year!

We had a lovely Christmas dinner at our home with my side of the family. We went nontraditional with BBQ ribs. I am so sick of ham and turkey on the holidays! Then on Christmas we headed over to spend it with Jeff's side of the family. We had a wonderful time with them as well. Aubrey and Jake were given so many great gifts. Thank you everyone! They are so blessed to have so many people in their lives that love them so much.

New Year's Eve was a quiet one around here. My hubby worked so it was just the kids and I. We were all in bed by 9pm. We were not even up late enough to watch the ball drop east coast time. Sleep is one of those things that does not come easy around our home. So I have to take what I can get when I can get it. Ball drop, sleep? As if I ever contemplated!

After New Year's Jeff traveled several hours to scope out a new "mom car" for me. The rental was a van. A van that I HATED! No offense to all you van owners out there. It might have just been the kind we had. I don't know. I just know that it was uncomfortable and not roomy enough. So a van was out of the question.

After a couple long trips to inspect potential cars to buy we sealed the deal. I am loving my Tahoe!!! I have to say that my ultimate favorite thing about it is the heated seats! I will never own another car without them.

The month of December also brought MANY trips to the Doctor for ALL of us. Aubrey's flu, all of our respiratory infections, Jake's never ending ear infection(tubes are on the way), a couple surgeries at the dermatologist for me, and visits to the ER and Doctor from my accident about sums it up. Phew! All I have to say is thank goodness for health insurance.

I also celebrated my 32nd birthday last week. My hubby and kids surprised me with a cake, cards and a gift. I must tell you about the cake. Jeff and the kids whipped up a cake mix to bake. Jeff thought that there was not enough batter in the pan to make a cake. He thought that 2 mixes must be needed. So they whipped up another mix and added it to the pan as well. In the oven it went to bake...for over an hour. It looked more like a muffin than a cake! Then it got loaded with lots of chocolate frosting. Jeff added "Happy Birthday" writing and Aubrey added lots of candles that were barely visible because they were shoved so far down. It was the best cake I have ever had!!! I love my family for making my day so special!

2010 has brought a new perspective on my personal and family life that I pray will take us to amazing places in our relationships with each other.

Happy New Year!

Pictures to follow soon.

7 comments:

Susie Demke said...

Sound like my holidays. Minus the accident. I'm so sorry! I had no idea and you didn't say anything:( Sounds like nothing too horrible or permanent happened. But a trip to the emergency room! Yikes!
I wish I could see a picture of that cake. Haha!! I can just imagine.
Remember that beach camping trip from hell about 8 years ago??? Of coure you do. I'm surprised it didn't turn you off from it forever.. Sometimes at night it comes to mind and I can't help laughing. My "episode". That guy emptying his pee filled Clamato bottle in the morning. Driving his low rider Hundaii out on the beach. At high tide!!! I'm chuckling just writing this. I didn't spell hundai correctly did I?? Who cares.
Anyway. I was in bed by 10:00 on New Years. Same theory. I'm pooped. I'll stay up another year..... Maybe with you guys:) when we are not all so worn out. Whenever that happens.
Thanks for your love note. Miss you too. Have a great year and my resolutions is to get together with my besties a few times at least!

Susie Demke said...

I also love seat heaters! But not seat coolers! They freeze your stuff. Feels creepy.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

The heater went out in our minivan, so anytime I can I'm stealing Roger's car and using his seat heaters - HEAVEN!

And just so you know, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with quiet holidays and going to bed early. That's my idea of perfection.

Krissy said...

Your cake sounds wonderful...Made with love.

Krysta said...

What a crazy time you had! I'm sorry. I'm glad you're fine and you got a car you love out of it. Your cake made me laugh. It sounds so cut! That is a fun memory.

kelly said...

The cake sounds delicious, I hope you have a picture of that!

Pepper said...

I'm so sorry about your accident. But yay for a new car! So where are the pics?